I have joined ListMyFive.com and since I have had experience with eHow over the years, I wanted to use that experience to see if LMF will be another alternate way to make money online.
I decided to try to write 3 LMF articles a day. Why three? About a month ago I read read an article where an author said that if you write 3 online articles a day on infobarrell.com, that after 5 years you would be bringing in a residual income of $10,000 a month. Now think about that. You work your tail off for 5 years and then from that point on, until the website no longer exists you have a constant income of $10,000 a month without doing another writing thing online. Let's say the author is wrong and it comes out to be $7500 a month or even $5000. That's a lot of money to keep earning a month for your prose.
If I had been more diligent with my eHow writing, AND if they had not gone DS on me, I believe I could have come close to that. But with life, sometimes getting in the way, there were many days that I didn't write one, let alone 3.
So, I thought this would be a good chance for me to try it with LMF. I chose LMF instead of infobarrel, just because of the ease of it. Infobarrel requires at least a 400 word article and that can take a bit, and when you times it by 3, it can take a bit longer, and some days I know I wouldn't be able to do the challenge. But, with LMF, I can pound out an article in under 30 minutes, once I did it in under 15 minutes, when I came up with an idea. I think my previous experience with eHow helped.
The first day, September 14th, I only wrote 1, then 2 articles the next two days, and now I writing 3 a day. I will do my best to do this every day for a month, so we all can see how it comes out.
To back track a bit, here are my stats for the first couple of days.
I wrote 5 articles and had 300 views and earned 24 cents.
Tomorrow will be the first week, but let me show you what is going on now.
I have written 15 articles, 1011 views and $1.15 in earnings. The average earnings are around .05, with the least amount of .01 and the most 61 cents. The one that got 61 cents had an ad for pest control, so I will assume that ad brought me the extra money. I quickly wrote another article on pest control, that gave me the same ad. Tomorrow I will find out if it will show higher earnings.
Also, I wanted to mention that the pest control ad did not have higher views. My dating article had 106 views and has earned 04 cents, where the pest control articles has 57 views and 61 cents. The ad on the dating article was about meeting woman, and I have no clue why the ad was not as popular and the pest control ad. Although today my dating article has a great ad with Jane Seymore, so maybe it will do better.
Tomorrow will be the 7th day, but true earnings won't be till the evening of that day.
Also, my articles are all across the board with pest control, dating, Halloween costumes and jobs, so I am not sticking to one subject.
Some of my inspiration came from the eHow articles that generated the most money for me and others were based on google trends. At this point, the are all about the same on views with the dating article alone getting about 25% more than the rest.
Plus, I have social networked all my articles. The immediate counter on the articles on LMF, makes it easy to experiment the best place to advertise your articles. I was happy to find that twitter and facebook worked the best.
You can easily do your own experiment also, by writing several articles and then twitting one and facebooking the other. There are tons of social networking sites and the one that I like the best is stumbleupon.com. It works wonders for my other articles, but it does NOTHING for LMF. I don't know why, yet. I guess people over there don't want to learn the top 5 of anything.
Anyway, I am off and will post soon with more info on this. I would love to hear any experiments you are doing with LMF.

This is so awesome Jerrie! I LOVE it. I now writing for Examiner that 3 a day really helped earnings and the same is true with my foreclosures blog. YOU ROCK. Keep up the goood work.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jerrie! I, too, am writing ListMyFive, Examiner.com and still getting residuals for Ehow. I have 8 lists and have been there for 5 days and have made $1.00. Not much but more than I am getting for Examiner per week. I like your idea of three articles per day. I am doing an internet marketing class with Ed Dale, so I am not sure I can do that for a week.
ReplyDeleteThree lists a day is impressive, but like you said is certainly doable. I am also impressed with the fact that you have over one dollar. I also joined LMF on 9/17. I wrote 2 on that day and one on 9/19 so I have 3 lists currently, 155 views and have earned 5 cents.
ReplyDeleteNow that I have seen your results, I may also work on the 3 per day goal and really try to be aggressive over the next several days to see what will develop. I have some other things to finish and am very busy but should at least be able to get something done. I will be keeping everyone updated on my blog and will be anxious to see your results as well.
Jerrie - you are really inspiring people with this. I've written 2 List My Fives, but have some topics milling around in my head.
ReplyDeleteGayle, I am heard to try it for you. With the page ranking of LM5 nothing like eHow's, the experiment should be enlightening.
ReplyDeleteKidgas, love to see how your experiment goes. Keep me posted.
Vallain, Thanks. Inspiration is hard for me. My goal tomorrow evening is to write 3 with a very unusual title to see if that brings more views. Got to think up the title's first. LOL
Alrady, my friend, thanks for your blog use to get the word out.
Thanks for the analysis, Jerrie, I am very interested and hopeful about this site!
ReplyDeleteHere are my earnings with List My Five -- http://lm5earnings.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThanks Jerri for the update on LMF...I have not created any lists because I think earnings are low and I have no time to shard lists. I am interested in learning more and will be watching for your updates.
ReplyDelete